Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Vets Corner
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Vets Corner This area is designated to the health and welfare of our pets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Safeguard Dewormer

Hi all. Has anyone ever used Safeguard dewormer for goats? It was recommended to me by a breeder and sugested to be taken for 5 days straight when my rott is 11wks, 15wks, 19wks, then twice a yr. after all that. My question is.. is this really neccessary? My pup is turning 15 wks in a few days that's why i'm asking now before i buy a bottle of Safeguard. Oh and by the way, he was also wormed twice by the vet already and once before we left the breeder. Please help. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:15 PM
One of the Old Folks

Post Re: Safeguard Dewormer

Just let the vet de-worm the pup. What heartworm/flea medication do you plan on using for your pup? Many of them are wormers also. Revolution and Heartgard Plus will work against many types of worms.

I would take in a stool sample the next time your pup needs a booster shot...and if the puppy is free of worms...don't bother worming.

Gina

(Baxter)Weka's Knight'N' Shinin Armor CGN TT HIC
(Jemma) Eirian's First Class Jem HIC CGN

At the Bridge:
Bruno
Teddy
China
Duncan (Rescue) RIP April22-14

Old 01-26-2011, 10:31 AM

Re: Safeguard Dewormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunie's mom View Post
Just let the vet de-worm the pup. What heartworm/flea medication do you plan on using for your pup? Many of them are wormers also. Revolution and Heartgard Plus will work against many types of worms.

I would take in a stool sample the next time your pup needs a booster shot...and if the puppy is free of worms...don't bother worming.

Gina
Thanks Gina, I agree with you. I'm just making sure and want the best for my pup. I was also told that it's very common to have worms here in the Northwest.