Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Vets Corner
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Vets Corner This area is designated to the health and welfare of our pets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 09:54 AM

Is the heat over?

This might be a wacky question but it's our first experience with going thru a heat. This was 8 month old Bella's first heat. She bled for 19 days and today us day 21. Her nipples are prominent but I'm not sure that they ate supposed to decrease again in size. How do I know if she's done and if I can go back to our walks in the park?

Old 04-14-2012, 03:35 PM

Re: Is the heat over?

Hi Sue, I am not an expert on this at all, but ..... my Bella has just finished her heat as well and although I've been through about 4 now I still don't know the exact answer to that because I'm never really sure what actual day she starts. I can tell when she's getting ready to by the way she acts but sometimes I don't see the blood right away, she's very clean with herself.

I just error on the side of caution and give a month. I don't take her to the park and she is never without her leash if out so I don't really keep her in because of her heats. Our biggest problem is that she is very sleepy during that time and doesn't want to do much of anything.

I'm sure someone will be on to give you the exact numbers, but I just thought I would share my experience with my girl.