Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Puppy Development
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Puppy Development Regardless of the problem, lets put everything puppy releated here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Novice Member

Teething Period for Rottie Puppies

My Rottie puppy, Blitz, is now 15 weeks old and I was wondering how long the teething stage lasts for a typical Rottie puppy? This my first Rottweiler and although he has his crazy moments (yes, typical for a puppy), he seems to be extremely intelligent and loving! I've been reading a lot of the threads on puppies and it's nice to know Blitz is just a typical puppy! Thanks in advance!

Old 06-14-2011, 04:15 PM

Re: Teething Period for Rottie Puppies

My pup just turned 5 months old and all his big boy teeth are halfway in. It looks like the baby teeth are all gone.
Hope this helps.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:45 PM

My boy teethed between 4-6 months. Started loosing his incisors around 4 months, and finally lost his last canines closer to 6 months (those pesky things were hanging on tight!) It can differ a bit from pup to pup tho.

One thing my boy really liked while teething... I would take the little (6") ropes and soak them in water. I would then empty the excess water and stick the ropes in the freezer. I have also heard of people doing the same thing with dish towels cut into strips and tied in knots. He loved to lay down and mouth on a nice icy rope when his gums were sore =)

Old 06-14-2011, 05:01 PM

When Bella was teething, I put ice chips in a clean, white cotton, tube sock and throw it in the freezer. Bella loved it and when Chipper starts teething I will try the ice sock for him, as well.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 PM

My Titan is 6 1/2 months now & it seems as if all of his big boy teeth are in. It was so fast (or seemed like it) in his case.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Novice Member

Smile Re: Teething Period for Rottie Puppies

i went to my local butcher shop and asked for a cow femur bone and had him cut it into little 2-3 inch pieces. you can freeze them so it would be something for the pup to work on (and tires them out.) but also since the bone marrow is so rich, it could give them diarreha unless if you are feeding them raw meat. but you might want to scoop the bone marrow out. my puppy loves them. (: