Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Puppy Development
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Puppy Development Regardless of the problem, lets put everything puppy releated here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 06:14 AM

14 weeks weight

I know this must be the number one question but I am getting worried reading all these posts of how big someone's pup is.

My female at 13 weeks weighed 18.7 pounds. When we got her she was only 7.3 at 8 weeks. So she is gaining close to the 10 per month. She is current on everything and the vet says she will pick up her growing, no worms happy healthy pup. My concern is everyone tells me she is small for her age and everything I can find online gives these huge weights of pups.

The breeder I purchased the pup from told me she did not eat very well, as soon as I learned about grain free food I switched her. She loves it and really started to grow.

So I am asking If anyone has a FEMALE pup around 13 weeks or if you have vet records that state your pups weight at or around 13 weeks please let me know.

Otherwise she is a happy loving pup that plays well with everyone in her puppy class.

Thanks for reading.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:39 PM

Re: 14 weeks weight

When I said "she did not eat very well" I meant it was hard to get her to eat. She would eat a little and then want to play.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 PM

Thanks for all your replies, makes us feel so welcome.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:54 AM

I just looked through our vet records on our girl. At her 12 week vet-trip she weighed 23 lbs. Her mother was even a bit on the lighter side for a Rottie, so we are not expecting her to get very heavy when full grown.

That weight you mentioned does seem light, are you sure she's pure-bred? Did you have a chance to see the parents or litter-mates?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Valued Member

Sorry if you are feeling a bit "unwelcome".

There are no "pat" answers on how much your pup should weigh at any age. If she is eating, you can feel but not see her ribs and if she is playing and has energy, she is most likely at HER proper weight.

Chase - Forever in my heart
Sky Valley's Mythic Dreamer aka Stark

Old 04-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Novice Member

My male is 71/2 wks and weighs 10lb but his mother developed a problem and he was bottle raised but he really puts the food away now so I dont think it will be a problem Dad was 120 and mother was 95, Vet said dont worry he will make it up

Old 04-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Novice Member

when my female went for we 12 week shots she weighted 30.1 lbs

Old 04-23-2012, 10:56 AM

my female pup when i got her at 10 weeks, her first vet visit she was just over 11lbs.

took her last week and at just over 6 months old she was at 55lbs.

I don't know how that compares to the "right" weight but for her it's perfect.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Valued Member

Who are the "everyones" who tell you your girl is small for her age? I would be very surprised if you read here at RDN about "huge weights of pups."

It makes no difference what anybody else's puppy or dog weighs because what matters is that your puppy or dog is the right weight for the puppy or dog.

The bitch in my sig topped out at 67 or so lbs.

I never spent one minute worried or being concerned what anybody else's bitch weighed because Mox was the perfect weight for her build, athleticism, and attitude. We were far too busy becoming a team and having fun and learning together to waste precious time worrying about how she compared weight-wise to any other Rottie on the planet.

UCDX North Eastís Full of Moxie CDX, RE, CS, NEDDC NDD, BMDCA DD, NWPD, TT, CGC, TDI, HIC
December ? 1999 - November 7, 2011

Old 04-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Novice Member

at 14 wks..mine was 19lbs. Now at almost 9 months...67lbs. She is perfect size, fast, agile, and STRONG as hell. Figure she'll top out about 90lbs. Her dad is 155 and her mom is 125. Funny, people always worrying about a Rottie's weight, like bigger is better, not sure why? If they are well taken care of, eating great food, and are happy pups.....why concern with how big at what age? Love em, have fun with em, train em, try not to focus on the weight (unless they are sick of course). Plus the slower these great dogs grow, the better it is on their joints. Best of luck with your new pup!