Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Nutrition and Grooming
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Nutrition and Grooming Cleaning teeth, clipping nails got you stumped? Should you feed natural or commercial? Here's the place to post your comments and get your answers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Valued Member

How Much Rescue Remedy?

How much and how often do you give Rescue Remedy to a 115 pound dog?
CH Sam CDX RE CI
CH Louie CD RE
RB
CH Fizbin, TDX CD PT CS HRDIs HTDIs HTAD2s HTADIg BH TT
V2 Cipher, CDX RE PT OA OAJ JHD

Old 07-04-2004, 01:23 PM

Re: How Much Rescue Remedy?

Usually 4 to 8 drops are given as needed , which can be three or four times daily or as frequently as every few minutes .

Quote:
ADMINISTERING BACH FLOWERS

The remedy can be given by mouth, which is the most effective method. Only a few drops (4-8) are necessary, and need not be swallowed, but only must contact the mucous membranes (gums, tongue, lips). Be careful not to contaminate the dropper by touching it to the animal (if this occurs, rinse the dropper in very hot water before returning it to the bottle). You can also add a dropper-full to the water dish, or a few drops on wet food (there is no effect of dilution). You can add a dropper-full to a spray bottle filled with spring water, and use it to spray a room, carrier, car, around litter boxes or plants, or other problem areas. You can even put a few drops in your hand and pat the animal on the head and around the ears with it--the head is very sensitive to energy and will absorb the flower essences in this way. In the case of chewing or excessive licking or hot spots, you might want to try applying the remedy directly to the problem spot (IF it isn't too raw, otherwise the remedy will sting); the animal will then consume it when it next licks that area.

DOSAGE AND TIMING

Just a few drops (about 4-8) at a time are sufficient. For serious or acute conditions the remedy can be given as often as needed, even every few minutes. For most behavioral problems, we recommend 3-4 times a day for 2-4 weeks. If the response to the remedy is adequate by that time, you can begin to wean off by decreasing the frequency of administration. You may need to add a dropper-full to drinking water or give once a day long-term for some problems.
This info is from this website Flower essences for pets

Hope this helps
Henry~[FONT=Arial]CD,O-TN-E,S-WV-N,NCC,NAC,CSL3-F,CSL3-S,Blood Donor.2007 NADAC #1 Tunnelers Rottweiler [/FONT]
Blaze~[FONT=Arial]S-TN-N,TG-N,WV-N, NCC, Blood Donor.[/FONT]Beauceron

Old 07-05-2004, 12:43 AM

Notice Rescue is 30% Alcohol !!!!! we'd relax too.... I don't give it!!!!!
I do have some,after reading the box decided maybe they might like it too much...Two high Rotties, I don't need

Old 07-05-2004, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbkeays
How much and how often do you give Rescue Remedy to a 115 pound dog?

I was just wondering what you're reason was for giving it and I hope you're not giving it on a regular basis. I give it ONLY when Czar seems stressed and even then I don't give it too often. Was just wondering why you give it.

Judy

Old 07-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Valued Member

Conditioning a behavior is the hope. My dog gets extremely excited when he sees sheep. He then doesn't listen to me. The idea is if he can just tone his excitement down a notch, he will be able to listen to me and learn that he doesn't have to do all this "extra" work when on sheep. A few people have suggested using Rescue Remedy for this during practice (and for me to take before trials ).
I had gotten a bottle many years ago and never used it. I found it again the other day. It expires in 2006. The indications just said 4 drops in water. It doesn't have any other dosages or how often to give. I didn't even think to check out a webpage
CH Sam CDX RE CI
CH Louie CD RE
RB

Old 07-05-2004, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbkeays
Conditioning a behavior is the hope. My dog gets extremely excited when he sees sheep. He then doesn't listen to me. The idea is if he can just tone his excitement down a notch, he will be able to listen to me and learn that he doesn't have to do all this "extra" work when on sheep. A few people have suggested using Rescue Remedy for this during practice (and for me to take before trials ).
I had gotten a bottle many years ago and never used it. I found it again the other day. It expires in 2006. The indications just said 4 drops in water. It doesn't have any other dosages or how often to give. I didn't even think to check out a webpage

Gottcha . I only ever used 4 drops, hey have you ever tried it yourself, if so did it work?

Judy

Old 07-05-2004, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahjean
I do have some,after reading the box decided maybe they might like it too much...Two high Rotties, I don't need
Wow! I never knew that.... I don't use the product, but care for a couple of petsitting clients who swear by an everyday dosage of about 4 drops.... Does anyone use it daily? Are there any health issues seen with daily dosages?

^U-CD Max ^ CDX, RE CGC

^Cam^ CDX RE OA OAJ NF
3x HIT winner

Ci-Ci Rider Von Der Aunkst CDX RN
Zirk Creek All that Flash BN RN

^Mac^- 10y/o rottie rescue

Old 07-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahjean
I can't believe that anyone would thing there was a serious effect of alcohol in just 4 drops.
I know that my dogs don't have much of a reaction after drinking a glass of single malt scotch that my husband was foolish enough to leave unattended on a low table. Hubby doesn't drink scotch any more because the dogs end up drinking more then he does.
CH Sam CDX RE CI
CH Louie CD RE
RB

Old 07-05-2004, 06:09 PM

I have used Rescue Remedy on and off...for storm phobia, nail trim fear, shelter shock for a newly rescued dog, etc. I have used it both in water, in the mouth and on the ears and paws. I have also used myself (SEVERE dentist phobia!). Bach Flower Essences now makes it in a spray that you can just spray on your tongue. The alchohol is a preservative only and you simply don't notice it. I have used some of the other flower essences as well, when our lab was fighting cancer.

It doesn't make the dog (or person) "dopey" at all...it just seems to take a little of the edge off....

Bach Flower Essences for Animals is a good read....