Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > International Rottweilers
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

International Rottweilers Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America. As diverse as the world is, we share a common link, the "Rottweiler", here's the place to share as well as experience that link.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2015, 11:24 PM
Novice Member

Looking for info on finding a rottweiler in us southeast, ukraine, or italy

Hi, Ive been wanting a european rottweiler for awhile now as pet and home protection when im away. I have had a hard time finding a true european rottweiler around me. every ad says european but when i see the parents there under 100lbs and got long snouts. My wife parents are in italy and her sister lives in ukraine. We have been thinking about letting them find us a puppy and sending it to us. Would like some thoughts and any info you might have.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:48 PM

Re: Looking for info on finding a rottweiler in us southeast, ukraine, or italy

You can find a well bred Rottweiler in the US and also with pink papers. The question is do you want a dog breed mainly in Germany or Europe?

What is your expectation of your future dog and what do you want to do (pet, agility, confirmation etc.)?

Beside the pedigree would I also look at the puppies individual character.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:20 PM

Re: Looking for info on finding a rottweiler in us southeast, ukraine, or italy

I wouldn't let your family pick a dog for you. It's not just the pedigree that matters. Presumably you want the dog to be living with you in your home as a member of your family. Just because the puppy has the pedigree you want, doesn't mean it will be a sound dog or will fit in with your lifestyle. Each dog has it's own temperament and personality. You will want to see how this puppy interacts with you, it's surroundings, it's littermates, etc. Keep doing your research. You can find German Rotts in the states as well. I rescue my Rotts and my previous Rottweiler definitely had German Rottweiler ancestry.