Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > International Rottweilers
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

International Rottweilers Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America. As diverse as the world is, we share a common link, the "Rottweiler", here's the place to share as well as experience that link.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Novice Member

Gandolf Marstal

Would love to hear any thoughts on this dog regarding structure, work ethic/ability, soundness, health, offspring, etc, etc...
Members of Rottweiler Discussion Forums have rated post 1073222 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:42 AM

Re: Gandolf Marstal

I've seen photos and a video of him. He is beautiful, is the 2012 FCI World Champion and as of last year had his IPO1. He may have his IPO 2 by now, I don't know.
I have a breeder/friend, in Canada, who bred her Siegerin bitch to him. The litter produced 4 phenomenal pups who are all competing in Sieger shows and are in training for Schutzhund. The breeder kept the whole litter because they turned out so great, she couldn't bring herself to sell them. I know, I tried to buy one...:+)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:53 PM

Gandalf is beautiful.....lots of conformation titles as well as working titles. His owner Agniezska has done a lot of work and continues to do a great deal of work with him.

In addition to all of that he has been fully health tested in Poland and has hip/elbow/heart and eye passing ratings. I have done a great deal of research on him as I'll be importing semen from him next year for a planned breeding with one of my girls.

I have seen several of his off spring all over the world and he appears to be producing beautiful structure/movement/nice fronts/eyes, etc.

I am looking very forward to my spring 2013 litter

Old 11-04-2012, 07:00 PM

Good luck, OnyxGold1! Looking forward to hearing more of this breeding in the future.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:49 PM
100 yr old Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powindle View Post
Would love to hear any thoughts on this dog regarding structure, work ethic/ability, soundness, health, offspring, etc, etc...
Looking at videos of him; his structure and movement are incredible. His obedience is happy, attentive and you can tell he has a very good relationship with his handler.
His working videos are nice; but only show him doing prey work. Cannot comment on defensive work.

His owners have gotten all health certifications on him and even sent them to OFA.

He has some very pretty offspring. Would be interested in seeing how health certifications come out on his get.

Walk softly, and carry a BIG pooper scooper.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:20 PM

I have a 16 month old male by Gandalf. He is stunning, has awesome work drive, and the best snuggle bug I could ask for.

Gandalf is an amazing dog, and has produced some really, REALLY nice pups that are doing phenomenal in the conformation ring and working rings.

I think I have a few pictures of him in my member album.

I love my boy.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Novice Member

i own a Gandalf/Voom daughter and out of the 12 born in litter 7 are v1 rated 6 are champions
1 male is already multi best in show
and my girl has a challenge bitch (best bitch) runner up in show

with out doubt the best litter i have seen so far