Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > General Info
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

General Info What size crate? Where to find insurance? If it doesn't quite fit in the other main forums, it goes here. We will add forums as needed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2001, 05:19 PM

Snoring, snorting, gas, burping.....men, yep, got that right. Oh, hi Honey, I'll be off the computer in a minute. :D

You are going to hear from others on this board that doggie gas (not hubby gas) can be controlled with plain non-fat yogurt (the best!) or plain canned pumpkin.

My furgrrrrrrrllll does snuffle-snort when happy. We call her Piglet too! :p

Bailey, Boxer mix, adopted Jan 2009 at apx 2 years old
Daisy, Rottie-with-the-beautiful-tail, 2000-2007 at the Bridge (with Alex Cocker 1984-1998 and Toby Beagle 1982-1999)

Old 11-29-2001, 05:59 PM

Mine grunts and snorts too, usually when he is getting attention or is happy. I got a little paranoid about vocalizing, i.e. was that a growl? was THAT a growl? uh oh! was THAT a growl? But I decided that if I can't tell the difference between my rott growling at me and just vocalizing, I'm in a lot more trouble than I think:D

Also, Odin had the most horrific gas and doggy b.o. I had ever experienced. You could hardly open the door to the laundry room, where his crate was, without a face mask, I was afraid to have company over. But, I switched foods and no more gas, no more b.o. I can put my head right on the side of his neck and cuddle, no problem.

Old 11-29-2001, 07:10 PM

Both of the dogs get plain yogurt. . .it's helped a lot, but sometimes they still get gassy. They're not so bad when they're audible. . .maybe just because it gives you time to prepare. It's the "silent killers" that get you. . .just sitting on the couch, watching TV, and suddenly it hits you. Ick.:p

Audrey

Old 11-29-2001, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Let's keep this Topic on track please. IF members need advise or would like to share advise about gas and it's remedies, please do so in our Nutrition and Grooming Forum. This way the good information goes into the right forum, so others, who could benefit from it, see it. Thank you.