Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > General Info
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

General Info What size crate? Where to find insurance? If it doesn't quite fit in the other main forums, it goes here. We will add forums as needed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Novice Member

favorite puppy toys

Well, in anticpation of picking up my pup in April
It is time to start getting some things together..
Of course toys are on my mind, so I ask you.
What are the MUST have toys you would buy for your puppy?
Blessings
Jack

Old 02-23-2007, 03:04 PM

Re: favorite puppy toys

I highly recommend a "CUZ" dog toy. I have yet to see a dog that didn't enjoy one! Good luck with your new addition.
"He is your friend, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful & true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Old 02-23-2007, 03:06 PM

Here's what I've bought (that have lasted)...

Chilly Bone (for teething), Jolly Ball, Wiener Dog (doesn't last long when they're older, but should be okay for a puppy), Squeaker Football, and of course, a Kong. You could also try a Cuz (some dogs love them, but mine don't).

Old 02-23-2007, 03:13 PM

yes i also got a chilly bone, kong, jolly ball, some squeaky toys (a froggy and turtle...these are her favorite), my dog hated the cuz, we also just bought some tennis balls to play with outside. she has so many more, but those are the must haves!! also, we rotate out toys...some stay in the cabinet, this way when one toy gets to be boring we pull out another, and the boring one goes in the cabinet for later use. i swear every time we pull out a toy from there (it could be dirty,smell like drool) she thinks it is the newest and coolest thing!!

Old 02-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Novice Member

Tennis balls have sufficated Rotts, Rare but does happen,,so IMO they are a no no.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:33 PM

how does that happen? she only gets them outside and it is supervised, and she hasn't popped one yet! when her mouth gets bigger we won't give them to her but for now she loves them.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Novice Member

I was told this by my breeder who lost a Rott this way as they were playing with the tennis ball and it got lodged down it's throat,,a true story and a tragic one at that..
I was so surprised myself as how many times to you see a dog playing with one?..all the time....
So yes I think it is a rare event,,but for me it's not something I can or will risk...
Blessings
Jack

Old 02-23-2007, 03:46 PM

wow, thanks for the heads up. i would've never thought that!! say bye,bye to tennis balls.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:55 PM

Our 4 month old loves his kong(filled with goodies) otherwise he does not even look at it. We have so many other toys but the ones that he loves to play with are empty milk containers(under supervision of course) and knotted up old t-shirts. Go figure.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:55 PM

Nylabones, Hollee Roller (we still have the one that was here the day we brought Arwen home almost 2 years ago), Jolly Ball, Squeeky toys, stuffies (I like Tuffie brand).

Old 02-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Novice Member

Sure thing!
And believe me I was a big tennis ball fan as I used to always play with my Golden fetch with one, so the Tennis ball was a first on my list till I was told this, but I believe there are bigger balls that can be used:)
Take care
Blessings
Jack