Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > General Info
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

General Info What size crate? Where to find insurance? If it doesn't quite fit in the other main forums, it goes here. We will add forums as needed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2001, 08:24 AM

Rottweiler Quarterly

Can someone give me some feedback on "The Rottweiler Quarterly" magazine. I am thinking about getting a subscription and wanted to know if it is worth the $40/year (4 issues/year) price.

Thanks,
NYC Rotties

Diggs,Diamond and Duke

Old 05-24-2001, 11:00 AM

yes, we got a four issue subscription which just ran out. It did not work out much for us, because we are not breeders, however, if you are into showing your dog, breeding, or anything other than just leisure like we are, it is a wonderful magazine. I did enjoy seeing the tributes people put to their dogs who went to the bridge, and of the accomplishments of other dogs as they were puppies and adults. It was a good investment,but what I was looking for were more articles and general information. Like I said it was a wonderful magazine dedicated to the breed! Good luck. ;)

Old 05-24-2001, 02:13 PM

The TRQ magazine is a must for a Rottweiler lover. It is like a "coffee-table" hobby magazine with lots of glossy colored pictures of Rottweilers most of which are puppy ads and stud dog ads. There are a lot sections in it. In every issue, there is also a theme, like Stud dog issue, Brood bitch and promising puppy album issue, Working dog issue, Specialty report issue and the like. I would agree with Lohrel that the magazine could have more articles written by fanciers of the breed to make it look more like a journal. If you are going to be involved in showing and breeding your Rottweiler, then the magazine is worth more than its price.

Old 05-24-2001, 04:34 PM

Speaking of TRQ, I've heard that the latest issue is out (someone has mentioned an ad they saw in the latest issue)... so check your mailboxes...

Hope my info. is accurate.
Hannibal vd Burg Dinklage BH
^Blaise^ BH, CGC 97-05

Old 05-25-2001, 10:49 PM

Thanks everyone for the input, I am going to give it a go.

NYC Rotties
DIGGS,DIAMOND AND DUKE