Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Conformation Rottweilers
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Conformation Rottweilers Let's use this forum for the discussion of all issues related to conformation! Show brags will be posted in the appropriate forum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 10:45 PM

Most Prestigious Rottweiler Show Win

Just curious of your opinion ...what do you consider the most coveted rottweiler show win out there? which show? which dog took it?

Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 PM

Re: Most Prestigious Rottweiler Show Win

I think, Westminster, just because of the age of the show, the hype and only Champions invited as well as lotteried champions.
HOWEVER, what impresses me is not within the conformation but the working titles behind a Championship - not counting TD's unless they are active in therapy or CGC/TT's everyone should have those.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:21 PM

TD is the abbreviation for Tracking Dog (a title) and it is impressive to see a dog who has accomplished this. I assume you meant Therapy Dogs (TD is not a common abrev. for them)?

Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 PM

Yep, ur from Massachusetts,
Sorry I'm multi tasking at this time - Yes I mean therapy dog (TDI or Delta ) not sure of the titles. I hate to see people with them when they do not use them.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 PM

I think winning the Klub show in germany is pretty damn good. Go to Youtube and see some of the videos from the Klub show....real serious competition there each year in my opinion.
Skip- USRC Select '07, Multi V1, Multi Select Youth Male Redwood Krest's Shane BH,AD,OB1,SchH/VPG3,IPO3,BST (b.12/02/04) OFA Hips good, Elbows clear,Heart Normal-Cardiologist,Eyes Good, CHIC#39947

Old 07-30-2011, 09:34 PM

my opinion, when a nice dog wins over many nice dogs and not just in conformation, but in all venues.

carting, wish more thought like you. i have, as you know him, many titles behind and in front of my dog's names and people don't care. only what conformation show you won.
CH.Gala CD,RN,CGC
RIP-ARAGORN,ARLO,KRISTEN,JOSIE,LAUS

Old 07-31-2011, 01:57 PM

I would think thatall the major specialties would be considered prestigios. CRC, MRC and the nationals just to name a few. Any show where a rottie beats a large number of other rotties is a big deal.
Jemar's V. Anything Goes Little Loki RA, CGC 10-07
Corabella von der Aunkst 09-10

Old 07-31-2011, 03:26 PM

Thanks for all of the postings.

Someone had asked me what was the biggest and bestest conformation show win a rottie had ever taken...I didn't know that answer so started trying to figure it. Westminster obviously came to mind but I don't believe our breed has ever taken the win. I myself to enjoy the working venues better but do both.

I did find a rottie winning Crufts - assume that is as big of a win as say Westminster here in the States.

And certainly you would consider winning a large Sieger/Klub show having a greater emphasis on structure and function to be a huge accomplishment.

Thought it would be fun to see what came to everyone's mind when asked that ?

Old 08-01-2011, 09:18 AM

The biggest win is the ADRK klubsieger .

Old 08-01-2011, 10:53 AM

There are many many shows that people can be proud of and there are dogs with other titles that may never win a conformation show that deserve just as much respect.

AKC shows are a pretty good judge of a dogs structure but are in no way a judge of a dogs temperament or working ability and temperament / working ability is a big part of what a Rottweiler is or isn't. There are a lot of very nice dogs in the AKC ring that have it all but a quite a few that don't. I have never seen a sissy dog DQ'd from a AKC show haha but dogs that show any kind of drive are looked down on in a heartbeat :(

German Sieger style shows I think are a truer test of the " whole " dog and some owners LOL. All that running really shows what a dog is made of and some dogs show just how bad or out of shape they really are after just two or three laps. Two or three laps should be NOTHING for a dog of a working breed. No sissy dogs allowed here but overly aggressive not allowed either.

I find it a shame that I can't take my docked dog to Germany for the Klub Show and it is a shame that the German dogs can't come here and go into a AKC ring so really no dogs ever win against the best of the breed from all over the world. That is a bigger shame. I guess it depends on your own personal thoughts on which win means more but don't count out those kinda ugly working dogs who have titles
Bronco Andy's Gretchen
T-Rex
Shrek
rescue Dylan
Always remembered MeMo and Chase