Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Breeding
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Breeding Just about anything related to breeding should go here. Please remember, litter announcements are fine, but puppies/dogs for sale, through posts or links, are strictly prohibited. The discussion of breeders is not permited.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Novice Member

Puppy Update (Input Needed)!

I have taken everyone's advice on this forum. I've walked away from all the BYB's that I was talking to. Now I am talking to a very well known breeder in Nebraska. I do have a couple questions, for you breeders. I am looking at a puppy that was born between Costa Can Simbolico (Sire) and CORVETTE VON HAUSE HUENINK (dam). I know Costa is the only son of EROS VON HAUSE MILSPED in North America, Eros is the son of the world famous Gil Van Hause Milsped. I know Costa's dam was Sofia Can Simbolica and her Sire was world famous Bronko OD Dragicevica and her dam was barbara Von Kalacberg.

Here is Costa's Extended Pedigree (Linebreeding 5 generations)

BH, ZTP
Eros Von Hause Milsped
JR 716303 RW
HD-FCI: A 1/2
Sire

IPO-1
INT'CH, YU CH, 31CAC Gil von Hause Milsped
SP 708165 Rw
Sire

BLACK OD DRAGICEVICA

HD-
Sire

HU.CH Beta von Siki Rottweiler

704769 Rw
HD-
Dam

Brook

HD-
Dam

IPO 1
Toreodor Is Rojaus Slenio

HD-SV: HD a-normal (a1)
Sire

Hornet Del Dardo Nero

LOI 02145088
HD-
Dam

2CAC Sofia Can Simbolico
JR 711441 Rw
Dam

IPO-3
WSCH 01',INT.YU.CH Bronko od Dragicevica

JR 83199 Rw
Sire

17PRM 3CACIB 5CAC 17PR IPO3
CH.YU.M.INT.CH Gil Crni Lotos

SP 81970 RW
Sire

CAC
LOLA
SP 77292
Dam

Barbara von Kalacberg
JR 704644 Rw
Dam

SCHH3,IPO3,AD,BH
Faldo von der Burg Dinklage

ADRK 90630
HD-
Sire
IPO1
CAC,PR,BIS Elisa Can Simbolico
JR 701633
HD-
Dam

Here is Sofia's Pedigree (Mom who breeded with Eros Von Hause MilSped)

IPO-3
WSCH 01',INT.YU.CH Bronko od Dragicevica

JR 83199 Rw
Sire

17PRM 3CACIB 5CAC 17PR IPO3
CH.YU.M.INT.CH Gil Crni Lotos

SP 81970 RW
Sire

IPO I
YUG CH,10 CAC Beni
JKC 81301
Sire

SCG-CH;IPO I
Bessy Hause Krammer
HD-
Dam

CAC
LOLA
SP 77292
Dam

IPO 1
YUG CH Romul CH.YU
KSSCG JKS70587
HD-
Sire

Ana

HD-
Dam

Barbara von Kalacberg
JR 704644 Rw
Dam

SCHH3,IPO3,AD,BH
Faldo von der Burg Dinklage

ADRK 90630
HD-
Sire
SCHIII AD BH IPOIII GEK. 5-9-92 (WALLHAUSEN)
Hero von Hohegeiss

Sire

SCHH3,IPO3
Aska Von Der Burg Dinklage

ADRK 77764
HD-
Dam

IPO1
CAC,PR,BIS Elisa Can Simbolico
JR 701633
HD-
Dam
SCHH I, BH, ZTP(04.97)
KS'97 DT.VDH CH Odo von der Flugschneise
ADRK 81135
HD-SV: HD a-fast normal (a2)
Sire

IPO 1
INT CH CH YU Kleopatra Vom Bayern
ADRK 78398
HD-FCI: B 1/2
Dam

Any body have any information on these backlines.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Valued Member

Re: Puppy Update (Input Needed)!

Alrighty....

Personally I would would have a ton of questions to ask this kennel before considering a pup. My male, Niko, is from the same lines. Niko's Sire is Gir Von Hause Milsped. (Brother of Gil) And while I love my pup dearly... This particular kennel has red flags going up all over the place.

I do not see ANY titles of any kind on any of their dogs. They brag about having out of standard dogs (169lbs). Get some sort of confirmation on health checks ...

Like I said, I am very particular to this line, but... well for some reason this kennel leaves me wondering about too many things. Maybe I have become a rottie snob... I would love to visit the kennel and see their dogs. Have you seen them in person?

Niko ~ aka the Neeks Meister 07/10/2009
Simone ~ aka Princess Monie 11/20/2010
Chance ~ aka Widget 12/21/2013

Old 03-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Novice Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoJ View Post
Alrighty....

Personally I would would have a ton of questions to ask this kennel before considering a pup. My male, Niko, is from the same lines. Niko's Sire is Gir Von Hause Milsped. (Brother of Gil) And while I love my pup dearly... This particular kennel has red flags going up all over the place.

I do not see ANY titles of any kind on any of their dogs. They brag about having out of standard dogs (169lbs). Get some sort of confirmation on health checks ...

Like I said, I am very particular to this line, but... well for some reason this kennel leaves me wondering about too many things. Maybe I have become a rottie snob... I would love to visit the kennel and see their dogs. Have you seen them in person?
Dear NikoJ,

My father,my older brother and I are visting this breeder this upcoming thursday. I have called every vet in the surrounding area and they all think that this breeder is very well respected. Costa is around 125lbs and Vetta is aorund 100-110lbs. So these puppies will not be large like ZHAR which is 169lbs.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Valued Member

A quick scan of Costa's owners' site finds these phrases among others:

TO OUR KNOWLEDGE [ABC] IS THE
LARGEST MULTI-WORLD CHAMPION LINE
AKC REGISTERED DNA TESTED
ROTTWEILER IN THE WORLD!
AT 2.5 YEARS OLD 169 POUNDS!

[DEF] is approx. 29 Inches Tall at the Shoulder
And Approx 169 Pounds of ROCK SOLID MUSCLE!

Our Young Stud [GHI] was
Carefully Hand Picked to Join
[LMNO] as a Giant Rotts Breeding Stud!

She is very muscular with
extreme athletic ability and is the mother of some of the
LARGEST PUPS we have produced!

We Give Pick of the Litter in the Order the Deposits are Received.
Your Deposit will apply to the next available puppy born.
*Deposits are NOT Refundable*

I think you really need to spend time thoughtfully reading thru the postings in this the Breeding forum. You don't appear to be understanding what defines a COE breeder.

Also, you'd be well advised to read the breed standard, too--both the AKC standard and that of the FCI.

UCDX North Eastís Full of Moxie CDX, RE, CS, NEDDC NDD, BMDCA DD, NWPD, TT, CGC, TDI, HIC
December ? 1999 - November 7, 2011

Old 03-01-2011, 04:35 PM
One of the Old Folks

Thumbs down Re: Puppy Update (Input Needed)!

RUN....do not even think about a puppy from this place.
I'm not sure you are even understanding what we have been trying to tell you.
You are mesmerized by bloodlines, and pedigree...but not actually looking at what the sire and dam are.

Taking a look at the website...the sire has no conformation titles, nor any working titles...and has only had his hips rated. Nothing special about him. He's not worthy of being bred. He may have a nice pedigree...but again...nothing great about him.

The dam is the same...no conformation or Sieger ratings, no health certs for hips, elbows, eyes or heart...and no working titles. The only thing the 'greeder' can brag about is that is she BIG.

Just an FYI, any kennel that has a name GIANT in it, and it concerns Rottweilers, run away...and don't bother to look.
Seems you are either not getting it, or just have no clue of where to look.

This is nothing but a commercial kennel breeding poorly bred dogs...with Champions in the background...it does not make their dogs worthy of breeding. Plus bragging about their 'giant' dogs' should have turned you off right away.

Gina

(Baxter)Weka's Knight'N' Shinin Armor CGN TT HIC
(Jemma) Eirian's First Class Jem HIC CGN

At the Bridge:
Bruno
Teddy
China
Duncan (Rescue) RIP April22-14

Old 03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Novice Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoJ View Post
Alrighty....

I know pictures can't tell the whole story, but just by looks Costa and VETTA the parents of this puppy. they look really good.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Novice Member

Alright well for everyone else in this thread..I have found a COE breeder but decided against due to the fact that she doesn't have puppies ready and they are $2,000. I can get all health certs from VonVamllus Rottweilers in Syrcause, Nebraska. We ain't paying $2,000 they can brag about their giant rotts all they want, but if my puppy and parents are in good shape then why not buy the dog?

Old 03-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Novice Member

Ok we don't want to have our dogs shipped, we speifically want to be able to visit the kennel..So that limits us quiet a bit..There is a COE breeder but like I said she wants $2,000 and she don't have puppies ready. I found a breeder that may breed "gaint" rotts but they do have health of the hips etc, this only actually cheks out by every vet that I've spoken too. The only thing is that they are not COE but for $2,000 my family will never get a Rottweiler then, we already spoke about how that price is too much..I have found another breeder who is NOT COE but she does hips / elbows on her rotts. She says to do the heart and eye CERTS every year. So basically the COE breeder is out of the question, so we won't even entertain that offer. Sorry not trying to offend anyone who is willing to pay ($2,000+ for a puppy, they are this much b/c they are all show dogs)

Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Valued Member

It's shameful those people are allowing those dogs to be bred. Shame on them.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Novice Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC81 View Post
It's shameful those people are allowing those dogs to be bred. Shame on them.
well just fyi to everyone $2,000 is the base price for the COE breeders that I know of and we simply will not pay that kind of money...There is another breeder who is not COE but does all the health CERTS.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:04 AM
Valued Member

[QUOTE=hotshot9819;991996]I have taken everyone's advice on this forum. I've walked away from all the BYB's that I was talking to.

So these sentences are pretty much NOT true!

Old 03-02-2011, 04:31 AM

The Op seems to be a little lost.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:01 AM
Valued Member

I really do understand your frustration. We thought we would be able to get a good quality pup for 500-1,000 when we first started looking. We really had no idea what went into whelping a good litter. We had never heard of RDN, but were lucky to have a mentor on the West Coast who was guiding us on what to look for and what to avoid with breeders. We wanted a working line so she took the time to explain titles and had us looking for current as well as lineage working titles.

What a shock to see the prices attached to the pups of good lines. We had to back up and reassess our goals. We had to decide if we were really willing to invest the money and time at the levels that were becoming glaringly obvious.

There was still the option of going for a lesser quality puppy that was in the backs of our minds. (still had no idea about the guidance available on this site)

Much like you, part of our criteria was the location of the breeder because we wanted to see the puppies, the breeding pair (if possible) and how they were being raised before making a decision. My husband was not giving anyone a deposit sight unseen.

It is very hard to walk away from cute puppies once you see them. Thankfully, I was instructed to go "look" and leave all money at home until we investigated all local breeders and picked the one we felt was best. If not for this stipulation I would now own a less expensive, but poorly bred dog.

I am honestly suggesting that you too back up and make a very tough decision to save your money for a bit while your family is researching breeders. I understand what it is like to want a good puppy NOW. Believe me, it is well worth the wait to find the right fit for your home.

And some really good COE breeders are not as well advertised as the commercial breeders. You might want to check your area for dog shows. Attend a few and talk with people who are showing. They will be able to point you in the direction of possible breeders who might have a litter in the near future. Good Luck!

Niko ~ aka the Neeks Meister 07/10/2009
Simone ~ aka Princess Monie 11/20/2010
Chance ~ aka Widget 12/21/2013

Old 03-02-2011, 08:21 AM

The breeder you are considering Brags of accomplishments in the dogs pedigree but not of anything his own dogs have done. Also NONE of his dogs have health certs done. Their are MANY COE breeders that do health certs that also sell puppies for much less then 2000. You really should continue your research - Rottweilers are prone to many health issues - why buy a pup for cheaper only to spend more on vet bills in the end? There are no health clearances done on these dogs - and a quick vet exam is not a health clearance - an X ray of this hips/elbows certified by OVC or OFA is a health clearance - Dont you want to know if your dogs parents have Hip Dysplasia? Most dogs wont become symptomatic until older ages. An auscultation by your their veterinarian is NOT a heat Clearance - An Echo by a Cardiologist is. Maybe you should do more research before you pick a breeder...

Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 AM

And a two year Crippling dysplasia guarantee? What does that mean? you only are covered if the HD cripples the dog??

Closed Thread