Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Breeding
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Breeding Just about anything related to breeding should go here. Please remember, litter announcements are fine, but puppies/dogs for sale, through posts or links, are strictly prohibited. The discussion of breeders is not permited.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 12:25 PM

Question Markings???

I just got a Rottweiler puppy and it looks to me that he has Brindle markings instead of the regular rust. I was told that these could be "sootie" markings but i really dont think so because it is in all the markings not just the ones on his legs. I dont think that he is mixed at least i was told he was pure bred. they showed me the mom and the dad,but hey the breeders other dog could have gotten to the mom i guess. I still wonder if this is normal at least every once in awhile to show up in the breed. My sister bred Rottweilers for a few years and I never seen any puppies like this, the only non black/rust that i have seen is a solid rust. Either way it doesnt matter he is an awsom pup and I love him either way.

thanks
Nichole

P.S. Here is a pic of him. I know it isnt the best but that is all I have right now I will try to put a new one up as soon as I can find a battery for my camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6751.jpg (61.2 KB, 147 views)

Old 06-18-2009, 12:45 PM

Re: Markings???

I really can't tell. I tried lightening the picture on my computer but your puppy still shows up so dark. Sorry I couldn't help.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Valued Member

I could barely make it out, but the legs do look brindle. Definite stripes from what I can see.

Strange.

I have never seen this before, but who knows...

What does the other dog took like?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:26 PM

I tried to lighten up the picture and i found a few more. hope that they are more helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6751.jpg (85.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6746.jpg (65.9 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6749.jpg (83.7 KB, 139 views)

Old 06-18-2009, 01:43 PM

The markings do look brindle to me as well. It also looks as though the pup has no markings at all on the face. It's difficult to tell from pictures.

He sure is cute!

Pieka, CD-C, RL2, RL1X, RN, BH, CGC
Whiskey, CD, RN, CGC, TT
Louie, CGC, TDI
Sofia, CGC., TDI, TT, HIC, (1997-2008)

Old 06-18-2009, 01:52 PM

The other dog is a buckskin, APBT.

I know the pictures are not that great. He does have all the markings on his face they are just darker than the ones on his legs.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Valued Member

I don’t know…

He seems awfully coated as well as off markings, but an APBT doesn’t throw coat. What kind of breeding do mom and dad have? Any with coat? Is he registered (not that that means anything…)? I get the impression that he may not be purebred, but it is really hard to tell from a pic…

I have to say though, he is a CUTIE! He just seems to give off the “come hug and squish me” vibes.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Valued Member

He certainly is cute, but rottweiler would be far, far, far down my list on what this dog was, breed wise. Do you know what his littermates looked like? Was he the only one?
If your sister used to bred rottweilers and you know what they look like, why did you get this one?
CH Sam CDX RE CI
CH Louie CD RE
RB
CH Fizbin, TDX CD PT CS HRDIs HTDIs HTAD2s HTADIg BH TT
V2 Cipher, CDX RE PT OA OAJ JHD

Old 06-18-2009, 03:11 PM

Regardless of what he is, he is some cute little fella, just love and enjoy him
I am sure you are over the moon with him already

Old 06-18-2009, 03:53 PM

I got him because i was ready for another dog and I honestly dont care what my dogs look like just as long as they are good tempered. Anyway he was the only puppy in the litter to survive. Most were still births but a couple died a few days after birth. I am really not sure what they looked like I wasnt around for that part. He is only six weeks old so he still hasn't lost his puppy fluff. (i know he is too young) the breeder said that I could take him because he was already eating hard food and his mom was not interacting with him anymore. Oh well like I said before it really doesnt matter what he looks like just as long as he is a good tempered dog I could care less what his lineage is. Just thought I would ask if anyone has seen a Rott. like him before.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Ancient Valued Member

Lab X Rott and ABPT X Rott pups often look like this one

If the breeders have a tan ABPT that would be my first choice for a sire of this particular pup
Itsy
Gone-VP Darla SAS 12/00-2/02 U-CD Bea CD,RE,TD,CGC,TT Osteo 3/03 - 2/08 Bonnie CGC AIHA 2/08-8/10, Bill HICs,TT 10/98-8/13

Old 06-18-2009, 08:10 PM

He is adorable. I have a friend who has a Rottweiler with brindle markings, he appears to be purebred except for the brindle markings and I don't know what his pedigree is.

A/C CH Darlburgs Fatal Attraction CD RE HSAs CX TT
GCH Darrlburgs Something Special V Ikier CD RE CX TT
CH Lucky CDX TT CGC 01/17/94 - 05/17/07
CH Moe CD RE TT CGC 11/18/99 - 02/18/08

Old 06-19-2009, 04:15 AM
Novice Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcbnh View Post
Anyway he was the only puppy in the litter to survive. Most were still births but a couple died a few days after birth. I am really not sure what they looked like I wasnt around for that part. He is only six weeks old so he still hasn't lost his puppy fluff. (i know he is too young) the breeder said that I could take him because he was already eating hard food and his mom was not interacting with him anymore.
He doesn't really look like a pure rott to me.. By the way, the fact that the entire litter died should have been enough to scare you far, far away from that breeder. I'd make absolutely sure you have a vet check him out asap. Good luck with your puppy.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I'd make absolutely sure you have a vet check him out asap. Good luck with your puppy.
What an adorable pup:) I wholeheartedly second this comment above^^^ Please have him checked out asap.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:49 AM

I had a vet check him out before I got him. He is perfectly healthy. To let you all know it wasnt like I went out looking for this breeder. He was my boyfriends uncle and he gave the puppy to me free. He found out that I was looking for a puppy anyway and he offered to give it to me if I didnt find the puppy I was looking for. Really I wasnt looking to get a rott, I was looking to get an English Mastiff but I figured that this puppy needed a home and I had one for him.