Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Breeding
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Breeding Just about anything related to breeding should go here. Please remember, litter announcements are fine, but puppies/dogs for sale, through posts or links, are strictly prohibited. The discussion of breeders is not permited.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Novice Member

Mini Rotties/ New Breed?

I am still looking for my fur baby. And I was looking at alot of Breeder's from far and wide. When I stumpled upon a Breeders site for Mini Rotties. Now I do realize that Rotties only come in 1 size. The description that was given was that they have not perfected the new breed but that they hope to perfect this so that people that want a rottie can have a smaller version of the real thing. Even had pictures of the puppies. Ad also stated that these puppies wouldnt get no bigger than 10 lbs. Selling for $500.00 a puppy. Is there anyone out there who has seen/heard of this. Next question is what was breed with rott? Would this new breed become akc? if so how so? Thought it took along time before akc lets a new breed in.
As I have reading on the differen sites for breeders I wonder how they ship the puppies, is it overnite, on a plane etc. W hich would be less stressful for the puppy. what questions should I as.I cannot go cross country to the breeder. I do realize that pretty pictures dont mean a thing. It just helps to find out how the parents look/ COE is the best thing for me since the first go round was with a BYB. Any advice / comments would help. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:13 PM

Re: Mini Rotties/ New Breed?

LOL -
Well well - There is no such breed as a miniature rottweiler nor will one ever be registered with AKC or CKC. The smaller breed registries that register mix breeds will probably do so (ConKC etc). Please stay away from this BYB. They are breeding mix breed dogs. Im sure the dogs dont even have any rottweiler in them! Please please please stay away..

Old 03-15-2009, 08:17 PM

Sorry, a Rottweiler is a Rottweiler. What they are selling is a bill of goods to naive and ignorant people. Or should I say mutts?!

10 pound Rotties my derriere!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Old 03-15-2009, 08:19 PM

Geri is 1,000% right.........if you are looking for a small black and tan dog - get a miniature pinscher Or a black and tan daschund.......don't put money in the pocket of anyone referring to this size dog as a 'rottweiler'......

Old 03-15-2009, 08:28 PM

This whole thread made my skin crawl

Old 03-15-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
This whole thread made my skin crawl
Me too and I'm scratching! It never surprises me what they'll come up with next for make a buck.
King, my wonderful GS, waiting at the bridge, 14 yo

Old 03-15-2009, 09:01 PM

Last week at dog class I saw what I thought was a terribly bred Weimaraner whose tail hadn't been docked. I asked the trainer about the bitch (who was being boarded while her family was on vaca).

Ann told me Moonshine was a designer breed--a "Silver Lab"--a Weimaraner and a black Lab cross.

She told me Moonshine's owners were very proud of their "beautiful girl" and paid--get this--$1500 for the dog. To a breeder in PA.

So, Sour Sugar, $500 for a mutt sounds like a good deal to me!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 09:06 PM

i looked them up and are referred as "carlin pinschers"

The dog looked hidious! What in the hell was this breeder thinking?

Old 03-15-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
i looked them up and are referred as "carlin pinschers"

The dog looked hidious! What in the hell was this breeder thinking?
Money! Money! Money!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Old 03-15-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour Sugar View Post
The description that was given was that they have not perfected the new breed but that they hope to perfect this so that people that want a rottie can have a smaller version of the real thing.
Well......considering there's not a single drop of Rottweiler blood in these dogs, I have no idea how anyone could think they would be getting a "smaller version of the real thing".

I actually think a campaign against any reference to Rottweilers needs to happen.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 AM

Almost as bad as the rare blue rottweilers they are trying to sell around here. Okay i just looked up the site minirotts.com so these dogs are actually a variation of MUGGINS of some sort. Pug and Min PIN. It actually says on the site somewhere that the dogs actually have NO ROTT in them. Also the irony of it all. They will only sell breeding puppies to conscientious breeders. ROFL I definately agree that this is misleading advertisement and something should be done about this. Then we can work on labradoodles and Aussiedoodles etc. What the %^$*!!!!! is wrong with people paying 1500$ for backyard created mixed breed. Wonder why the rest of the world is laughing at us right now. People are starving all over the world and we are spending 1500 on a pug MIN PIN. Honestly I have 2 min pins and those Carlins are not cute.

Last edited by sebastianvoneli; 03-16-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 AM

So, these guys are saying that a dog weighiing 10 pounds has some Rottweiler in it? This is a case of common sense, how in the world a breed so robust and big can be brought down to such a small size? This will need more than a hundred years to be achuieved (provided there is someone interested in that), not mentioning the potential defects/diseases that can come with it. If you want a small, annoying and loud dog, get a small breed, Rottweillers come only in L and XL sizes!!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:03 PM

Actually, I had this conversation with someone at my work a year ago who bought a "mini-rottweiler" and I went to the web and printed off every piece of information to prove to her she had no rottweiler since it had no rottweiler blood in it. Made me screaming mad. I kept telling her there was no such thing. That was a cross breed and she got taken.

Bosch (May 4, 2006)

Sassy (July 26, 2006)

Renods Dr Pepper ( Aug 22, 1994-July 3,2006)
Shadow (Jan 17, 1995- September 3, 2006)

Old 03-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Seriously, get a min pin...When doing a breeder search the other week I also came across a "GIANT ROTTWEILER" breeder...Ridiculous, I hate people sometimes.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:29 PM

This is funny

These are desperate times and people come up with lots of things to try and make a buck. My neighbor has two black kittens and I'm thinking of maybe trying to sell them as mini Panthers LOL. They say there is a butt for every seat
Bronco Andy's Gretchen
T-Rex
Shrek
rescue Dylan
Always remembered MeMo and Chase