Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Breeding
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Breeding Just about anything related to breeding should go here. Please remember, litter announcements are fine, but puppies/dogs for sale, through posts or links, are strictly prohibited. The discussion of breeders is not permited.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 AM

Re: Karl vh Neubrand

I have a female out of that litter. She's beautiful with a wonderful temperament. I do early prelims. Turns out after being examined by a well known orthopedist she is severly dysplastic on both rear legs and possibly both front elbows. She will need a CT scan to determine if the front elbows have fragmentation. I had to open a case file with AKC to correct the birthdate because the breeder has not done so yet.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch1rot View Post
Just coming in a little late here. I spoke to the judge right after the DQ, and he also stated it was a training issue. Per the rules, that is not a consideration. Here is the rule to this issue of the Gun fire " Should the dog have a reaction to the gunfire,this exercise may be varied and repeated at the judge's discretion. If the dog continues to show a strong reaction to gunfire, the test is stopped and the dog is deemed unbreedable." When entering any event it is immportant to know the rules, and possible outcomes if something were not to go as planned. Unfortunately, it brought to light a very serious concern for those who do enter this test.

I do know others who at this point will not attempt a USRC BST specifically from this situation. They have also looked into other organizations Breed Testing at this point to train towards.

Having had the chance to see Karl the night before doing some training, I was pleasantly surprised & wished very much to see a nice performance.
What other organizations in the US other than the USRC do the breed test that is supposed to be just like the ZtP (and I know there is controversy that some say that USRC judge(s) haven't followed them exactly every time), but what other organizations do anything similar to the ZtP?
Skip- USRC Select '07, Multi V1, Multi Select Youth Male Redwood Krest's Shane BH,AD,OB1,SchH/VPG3,IPO3,BST (b.12/02/04) OFA Hips good, Elbows clear,Heart Normal-Cardiologist,Eyes Good, CHIC#39947

Old 02-09-2009, 03:20 PM

Sorry to hear that msstrange :( We have x rayed 3/5 pups in my litter so far and had no issues - sent them out to Idexx Radiology as well as had Dr. Justin Goggin take a look ( board cert radiologist/ultrasonographer in NJ) and hips/elbows were great. The other 2 were sold to pet homes and are doing well - but they have not yet been x rayed - I may do it just out of curiosity...

Old 02-09-2009, 04:32 PM

Skip,

People can utilize the AIRK, the clubs in Canada that even bring in ADRK judges, and even the independant clubs to do a breed test if they wish. Each of them do testing that is very similiar to either the current ADRK tests or previous years tests.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geri View Post
Sorry to hear that msstrange :( We have x rayed 3/5 pups in my litter so far and had no issues - sent them out to Idexx Radiology as well as had Dr. Justin Goggin take a look ( board cert radiologist/ultrasonographer in NJ) and hips/elbows were great. The other 2 were sold to pet homes and are doing well - but they have not yet been x rayed - I may do it just out of curiosity...
Geri, who's your sire & damn. I know Karl is HD Frei, but I found out later, after I was told that Quadra's hips were good that hers were really OFA'd only fair.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Skip,

People can utilize the AIRK, the clubs in Canada that even bring in ADRK judges, and even the independant clubs to do a breed test if they wish. Each of them do testing that is very similiar to either the current ADRK tests or previous years tests.
Are you saying that AIRK and some clubs up in canada have had breed tests just like the ADRK? I didn't even think that AIRK had paperwork or standard rules on this that could be sent to any governing group.
Skip- USRC Select '07, Multi V1, Multi Select Youth Male Redwood Krest's Shane BH,AD,OB1,SchH/VPG3,IPO3,BST (b.12/02/04) OFA Hips good, Elbows clear,Heart Normal-Cardiologist,Eyes Good, CHIC#39947

Old 02-09-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that AIRK and some clubs up in canada have had breed tests just like the ADRK?
Yes. They have a breed test available which does follow a version of the ADRK breed test. What is the problem? The dog is being measured, critiqued, evaluated & tested along with prerequisits to take the test. If you prefer the USRC version, super. If you think nothing of other versions, fine too. They still are credible to many people. Did not the former USRC President make a comment something to the fact that the test is only good for the moment it is taken? Or something to that? I am not speaking as the spokes person for any other these clubs, just merely pointing out there is not only one game in town that others feel are legitment as well.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Yes. They have a breed test available which does follow a version of the ADRK breed test. What is the problem? The dog is being measured, critiqued, evaluated & tested along with prerequisits to take the test. If you prefer the USRC version, super. If you think nothing of other versions, fine too. They still are credible to many people. Did not the former USRC President make a comment something to the fact that the test is only good for the moment it is taken? Or something to that? I am not speaking as the spokes person for any other these clubs, just merely pointing out there is not only one game in town that others feel are legitment as well.
No problem, I'm just trying to find out more about it. Are the standardized rules for this posted somewhere? I'd like to read them. Is there a standardized test, or can each club just make up it's own? Besides all the measuring and critiquing, what is the "tested" part.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 PM

The dam is Multi V/V1, Youth Seigren Deca vom Carrabba Haus. She was cleared for hips/elbows through OVC. Her heart is clear - I just have to mail in the Cert from the cardiologist stating that. She is co-owned with another breeder. That was her fist litter but her lines have been great for hip so far. (I have a coupe dogs from her breeder and have not had any issues with hips)

Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 PM

The AIRK ones I have seen have been done according to the old ADRK version from the early-mid 90's, this would also be the same version USRC Judge Wayne Simanovich has been doing. I have seen the same version USRC uses at some independant shows & Canada. I think Canada is now doing the current version which is a schH1 routine.