Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Breeding
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Breeding Just about anything related to breeding should go here. Please remember, litter announcements are fine, but puppies/dogs for sale, through posts or links, are strictly prohibited. The discussion of breeders is not permited.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 AM

River City

Please translate this for me. I have access to info. going 3 generations back for both the male and female (link below). Any feedback on these two would be appreciated.

LINK TO BREEDER PAGE REMOVED - By Scout

Stud:
WANDOR OF NICOLA'S LION
SchI IPO1 BH ZTP
OFA # RO-67630G51M
EUROPEAN YOUTH WINNER 2005 ARV NATIONAL SEIGER V3 OPEN CLASS
67cm/60kg

Bitch:
QUEENY AUS DEM BLUMENTAL
MULTI V-RATED IN GERMANY
BH AD HD- ED+/-
61CM/41KG 2A

Last edited by Scout; 03-04-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Please do not link back to Breeder Web Sites

Old 03-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Ancient Valued Member

Re: River City

sire has an OFA for hips but no OFA for elbows OR Cardiologist cardiac (no cardiac at all).

He has a 1/2 sib listed with severe HD and I know of a sister overseas who had severe HD

Dam isn't listed on OFA at all.

Personally if the dog (meaning male or female) is in the US or Canada and it is not AT MINIMUM OFA certified for hips and cardiologist certified for heart (preferably also OFA evaluated elbows and CERF eyes too) then no way am I even going to consider the litter or a breeding to a dog

If the dog is still overseas then it should still have it's hips/elbows rating plus a cardiologist cardiac exam submitted to the OFA (and up many more overseas breeders who wish to deal with North Americans ARE doing this!)
Itsy
Gone-VP Darla SAS 12/00-2/02 U-CD Bea CD,RE,TD,CGC,TT Osteo 3/03 - 2/08 Bonnie CGC AIHA 2/08-8/10, Bill HICs,TT 10/98-8/13

Old 03-04-2008, 02:30 PM

Thanks for your advise! That is exactly what I was looking for. An aqaintance referred me to them, I'm glad I asked!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontierrots View Post
sire has an OFA for hips but no OFA for elbows OR Cardiologist cardiac (no cardiac at all).

He has a 1/2 sib listed with severe HD and I know of a sister overseas who had severe HD

Dam isn't listed on OFA at all.

Personally if the dog (meaning male or female) is in the US or Canada and it is not AT MINIMUM OFA certified for hips and cardiologist certified for heart (preferably also OFA evaluated elbows and CERF eyes too) then no way am I even going to consider the litter or a breeding to a dog

If the dog is still overseas then it should still have it's hips/elbows rating plus a cardiologist cardiac exam submitted to the OFA (and up many more overseas breeders who wish to deal with North Americans ARE doing this!)

Wandor is here in the US and he is a pretty nice dog. He should have had all of his health testing done because he will probably be bred again. I'm surprised to see that he isn't tested for everything already. He may have a half sibling with severe HD but I'd be willing to bet that dog got it from the dam's side. Wandor is a Bronko son and I don't believe you will find much HD going on on that side of the pedigree. One of the other half siblings listed is my dogs sire and he is completely health tested .. hips, elbows, heart, and eyes and everything is fine.

That German female is what you need to be leary of. No OFA at all and that itself is strange. Most people who bring a dog over from Germany are not affraid to have health tests done. The dogs bred from Nicola's Lion Kennel are pretty good dogs. Wandor will probably test out fine and he should be tested if they plan on breeding him. I feel he has a lot to offer the breed somewhere along the line.

I'm only adding to this thread to let people know that there may be some bad dogs on the sire's side but there are also some good ones. I AM NOT advising anyone to but pups from untested parents.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Ancient Valued Member

Bronko sired several HD affected pups based upon what I have seen over the years. (any dog bred a lot to this many females is likely to at some point so this is not a slam)

The sister of Wandor that had severe HD overseas was his full sister she ended up being put down in 2005 her HD was so severe
Itsy
Gone-VP Darla SAS 12/00-2/02 U-CD Bea CD,RE,TD,CGC,TT Osteo 3/03 - 2/08 Bonnie CGC AIHA 2/08-8/10, Bill HICs,TT 10/98-8/13

Old 03-04-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontierrots View Post
Bronko sired several HD affected pups based upon what I have seen over the years. (any dog bred a lot to this many females is likely to at some point so this is not a slam)

The sister of Wandor that had severe HD overseas was his full sister she ended up being put down in 2005 her HD was so severe

Ahhhhh. Thats good to hear. This is why some of these threads are useful. When people can come along and add useful or first hand info without bashing someones dog or kennel it is a good thing for everyone. Some things you just can't learn on the OFA site.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Ancient Valued Member

I hope I did not come through as a slam. It Wandor's owner will get him FULLY and properly health tested and be a bit more careful of what he's bred too (a couple breedings I've seen.....) then perhaps he can prove himself a carrier of the good genes. Until then I advise caution based solely upon the family history and lack of clearances.

THIS is actually aimed at any and all dogs. Check the family not just THE dogs in question
Itsy

Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 PM

This name Nicola's Lion is familiar to me (from a few breeders in OZ and the recent show here)

NRC (A) CH, SLV CH & CH Wenno of Nicola's Lion HD/ED: 2:2; 1:1 (we dont list the cardiac tests here in OZ - i dont even know if we do them )

He's been used quite a lot for breeding by some of the breeders her in Oz. I am not sure if this is the same line your talking about but his sire is WLD Ch/Int Ch Bronko Od-Dragicevica OPOIII(Yug)
Dam: Ch Herta Mar-ub (Gmy)

His puppies are beautiful however cannot comment on the Hip Elbow scores are as they are under 2.

Hope this helps.

Trina

Old 03-05-2008, 12:37 AM

Wenno is a littermate :)