Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Breeding
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Breeding Just about anything related to breeding should go here. Please remember, litter announcements are fine, but puppies/dogs for sale, through posts or links, are strictly prohibited. The discussion of breeders is not permited.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 12:07 PM

jenecks wotan

i was just looking at izzy's pedigree and one of his maternal great-grandfather is jenecks wotan. maternal grandparents also jenecks, ditto mother.
just wondering what this is likely to mean for my pup? any comments?

Old 08-28-2006, 02:25 PM

Re: jenecks wotan

I have meet some puppys after wotan and most of them are BIG ,friendly but though. I have used one grandson of wotan in breeding, the pupps are only one weeks old but so far they seems quite ok!

Old 08-28-2006, 02:27 PM

wow, the wontan bloodline gets around - all the way to sweden! (Yes, i agree, they are HUGE dogs)

Old 08-28-2006, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel07 View Post
wow, the wontan bloodline gets around - all the way to sweden! (Yes, i agree, they are HUGE dogs)
Oh yes!
Do not post breeder names on the forums a Swedish breeder imported 2 rottweillers from Jenecks some time ago, Jenecks Murphy(son of jenecks flash) and Jenecks Tess(Daughter of wotan) too bad they both have ED+ .
They are both used quite much in breeding

Last edited by Vista; 08-28-2006 at 03:05 PM.

Old 08-28-2006, 02:54 PM

oh, really? ED+ is the least severe though, isn't it?

Old 08-28-2006, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel07 View Post
They even get to breeders of Roman Rotts ! I'm both suprised and not suprised at that one. Why wouldn't they want to be able to advertise that one. What suprises is me is that Wotan was willing to donate to this problem.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:13 PM

i'm not sure i follow ...

Old 08-28-2006, 06:18 PM

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you are simply asking whether it is some sort of problem that one line of the pup's pedigree all came from the same kennel/bloodline, I would say generally no. I am not familiar with the specific dog you mention, though. Perhaps if you clarify your question as to what specifically concerns you, the answers you get will be a little more focused and helpful to you.

Forever my special angels.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:23 PM

i was just wondering whether that was a good bloodline, if anyone was familiar with it ...

Old 08-28-2006, 06:25 PM

Wotan himself, YES! What has been done with some of his offspring, NO! Research carefully at the dogs closer to yours in the Pedigree and what they have done. YOu can't always count on what dogs further down the line bring to the genetic show.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:48 PM

his mum is Multi V-1 UCI Int Ch. BH, BBT and his dad, i think, is V-Rated Schutzhund 1, BH

Old 08-28-2006, 07:25 PM

Wotan has also produced a lot of AKC champions that are certainly not huge. Wotan himself was awesome! He came from some of the finest German lines. If a dog is bred as many times as these stud dogs are, it is impossible to keep ties with the offspring. I am sure that kennel would certainly not ever think of being connected with anything like "Roman Rotts". After the second generation the original breeder has to just hope his bloodlines are used in an ethical program but you certainly have no control. I have always heard good things about the temperaments of Jenecks dogs. Of course that means they have to have owners that mold that drive to the right places.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:42 PM

Wotan is huge. Beautiful dog.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:13 PM

Dogs who are "great grands" in a pedigree tend to have little influence on the dog that you currently own, unless you have followed an extremely dominant, prepotent sire line down from this dog.

Your dog is far more affected by his own parents and grand-parents.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:27 PM

He certainly doesn't look "huge" (if you mean in terms of height) in the pictures readily available. He is beautiful, true.

Gretchen is right about the influence of great-grandparents. If you actually do the math, the percentage of genetic contribution from each great grandparent, under typical circumstances, is not very high.

Forever my special angels.