Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Breeding
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Breeding Just about anything related to breeding should go here. Please remember, litter announcements are fine, but puppies/dogs for sale, through posts or links, are strictly prohibited. The discussion of breeders is not permited.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2002, 11:47 AM

Can you register an unregistered puppy?

I have an adorable purebred rotti female, but she's not AKC registered. I was just wondering if there was any way to register her. I'm sure she's purebred, but for some reason, they (her breeder) just don't register their dogs. Thanks. And I've enjoyed reading all the posts! This is great!

Old 06-15-2002, 11:51 AM

It is not easy to get full AKC registration on a puppy without papers. If the parents are not AKC registered you will not be able to get full registration but you can go to AKC's web page - www.akc.org for information on obtaining an ILP number, which will let you compete in obedience and other performance events. An ILP number does NOT enable you to compete in conformation or to breed and register offspring.

Nancy

Old 06-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Valued Member

Jeannie4sure:

ILP (indefinite listing privilege) is only granted to spayed or neutered dogs.

I have an ILP on my rescue girl who's 2-1/2 who's being shown in obedience.

Old 06-15-2002, 09:28 PM

You can Regester with CKC

I have a Rottweiler puppy my neighbors bought for me from a local person who had a litter.I did some research...and found out I could regester with Continental Kennel Club(CKC).This puppys mother and father were on site,and the mother was AKC regestered..but the father wasnt.This puppy is with no doubt a full blooded Rottweier.Not show quality or anything...but a beautiful girl none the less.All you need to do..is call CKC at 1-800-952-3376 and ask them for a starter pack.Then you go to the breeders you got your dog from and have them fill in thier info out.Next if niether the mother or father of your puppy have ACK pappers...you will need 3 witnesses to sign the CKC papper..stating that this is a full blooded Rottweiler.
Send your papper back in with a $10.00 fee...and they will send pappers for your dog.
AKC dosent accept CKC for thier shows...but CKC has thier own shows and things going on with thier regestries.
Just an option....all that I know of.
:)

Old 06-16-2002, 08:13 AM
One of the Old Folks

scam

Please save your $10.:(
The CKC (Continental Kennel Club) is just a scam. It will register anything with 4 legs:(
You could just as well print up your own papers on the computer.

The ownly reason I can see anyone wanting registration papers other then an ILP is to breed their dog.
Please go to the Breeding sections and read and read, and then go to the Rescue section and do the same.
If everybody that had a "nice, sweet,beautiful" dog stopped breeding their dogs maybe all of us in rescue could catch our breaths and not have hundreds of thousands of dogs die every year.:(
I'm hoping that your dog will be spayed and she will be a great pet and companion:) .

Gina

(Baxter)Weka's Knight'N' Shinin Armor CGN TT HIC
(Jemma) Eirian's First Class Jem HIC CGN

At the Bridge:
Bruno
Teddy
China
Duncan (Rescue) RIP April22-14

Old 06-16-2002, 09:45 AM

"The ckc" (Continental Kennel Club) is not a recognized club by any show circles. And I have to admit, it irritates me that they used CKC - I'm a Canadian, and our club is the Canadian Kennel Club (also CKC). It tends to confuse people - new and old owners alike.

So when I say that my new puppy is going to be CKC registered, I get weird looks :p until I explain that she'll be CANADIAN Kennel Club registered. Here in Canada, the CKC (Canadian) is the equivalent to AKC (some would argue better, some worse ;)). The 'other' ckc (Continental) isn't worth the money for the paper it's printed on.