Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Breed Specific Legislation
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Breed Specific Legislation Enough can not be done or said to protect not only rights, but the rights of all the wonderful breed owners. Please, lets all lend a hand

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Novice Member

Colorado Ban?

Where do I go to find banned breeds in Colorado. I know pittbulls or anything that looks like a pitt is banned in Denver and have heard Rottweilers are next. I want to make a stand to make sure this don't happen.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:55 PM

Re: Colorado Ban?

There are no Rottweiler bans in Colorado. Pits are banned in Denver, Aurora and a few other cities.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:27 PM

The best resource to gain information about BSL is:

jan cooper jan4rott@rott-n-chatter.com
ROTT-N-CHATTER.COM and LIVE TALK RADIO

You can view each state where BSL has striked, is propossed, and has failed.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:03 PM

I live in denver co. and own a rottweiler the only ban on breeds is for pitbulls and pit mixes in denver and i belive aurora i still see them all over regardless. as of whether rottweilers are to be banned i have no idea i do not belive there is any current legislation pending about rottweilers however i belive that would be the next breed to get banned if it happened i saw on the news the other night about aurora and and reconsidering the pitbull ban. a city council member said that obviousley the ban is working because bites are down now before i make my next statment plz understand that im not racist. I feel as if someone can say that why cant someone say why dont we ban the blacks mexicans or even just by class poor people i gurantee you crime will go down however that doesnt make it right its the same thing there are many people of differnt color or class that are more prone to crime but that doesnt mean everyone of that race or class is a criminal. i agree with the city that the law does work but at what cost?

Old 04-24-2008, 12:06 PM

I'm also in Colorado, in Jefferson County. Previous posts are correct, currently the only breed bans are against pits and that's in Denver and Aurora, possibly some of the more rural towns but I'm not sure. There has been talk of banning pits along with rottweilers, german shepards, chows and sharpeis in Larimer and Weld Counties but I highly doubt that will ever go through. Almost everyone I know that lives in those areas owns a dog of at least one of those breeds.
I've heard nothing about extending the ban in Denver to include any other breed.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiphrehb View Post
I live in denver co. and own a rottweiler the only ban on breeds is for pitbulls and pit mixes in denver and i belive aurora i still see them all over regardless. as of whether rottweilers are to be banned i have no idea i do not belive there is any current legislation pending about rottweilers however i belive that would be the next breed to get banned if it happened i saw on the news the other night about aurora and and reconsidering the pitbull ban. a city council member said that obviousley the ban is working because bites are down now before i make my next statment plz understand that im not racist. I feel as if someone can say that why cant someone say why dont we ban the blacks mexicans or even just by class poor people i gurantee you crime will go down however that doesnt make it right its the same thing there are many people of differnt color or class that are more prone to crime but that doesnt mean everyone of that race or class is a criminal. i agree with the city that the law does work but at what cost?
you will also find middle class and rich white people who are also prone to criminal activities...colour and race doesn't make a difference, if you are raised incorrectly you have a higher chance of being 'bad', same with dogs.

Bandit 2/8/2008 - 30/4/2012
Nova 26/9/2010 -30/4/2012

Old 04-25-2008, 10:23 AM

If we ban men there will be less domestic violence too!!!
Daisy (13" Beagle) 1997- 2004
Winston (Rottie) 3/23/04 - 7/4/12
B'Nero aka Crackhead labradooldle 9/08

Old 06-04-2008, 08:15 PM

I beleive the Original Poster was seeking information on how to help PREVENT the banning of rottweilers as apposed to asking if they were already banned. As i dont live in your area im afraid i can not help with this but maybe somebody knows of something the OP can do?

Old 06-04-2008, 11:15 PM

It is important for the OP to remain aware of City and County politics in their area. Pitbull s are also banned in Louisville, as are wolfs and wolf hybrids.
I recently was aware of an attempt at a ban in Lafayette, for many breeds including Rottweilers. Thankfully it was narrowly avoided.
Positive promotion opportunites are key, as are serving as role models and public education.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Valued Member

I believe Arvada has also put a ban on pits. So far, no Rottweiler bans and none that we know are in the makings, however, that could change on a dime if something happens.