Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Behavior
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Behavior Behavior problems, suggestions, support. Please use this forum for all behavior related posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2005, 09:09 AM

Unhappy My dog snaps at me

My dog is starting to be weird and im worried. She sometimes snaps at me and to new visitors.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Valued Member

If you would like responses, you will need to write more of a description. How old is your dog, how long have you had her, has she got any training, what is happening when she starts to threaten you, what do you do when this happens..........

Old 07-26-2005, 11:05 AM

As JudiW said - we'll need more details. However I would be looking into having her examined by your vet to make sure she's healthy (dogs in pain will snap to defend themselves). If your vet says that she's healthy - then you need to get her into obedience training ASAP. You've got a bond, some trust and some leadership to build with your dog.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinNina25
My dog is starting to be weird and im worried. She sometimes snaps at me and to new visitors.
Please do not take her on your 12 hour train trip until you have figured out and corrected whatever the problem is.

Your dog could bite, you, or a person, or a child. The risks are too high.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteRiehl
Please do not take her on your 12 hour train trip until you have figured out and corrected whatever the problem is.

Your dog could bite, you, or a person, or a child. The risks are too high.
I agree - you've got other threads saying that the dog is polite and friendly and then even others talking about growling, digging and general mayhem.

Vet visit first, Obedience training second - nothing else, do not pass go, do not collect $200 - go directly to your vet and trainer.