Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Behavior
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Behavior Behavior problems, suggestions, support. Please use this forum for all behavior related posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2001, 10:57 AM

Hunting instinct?

Recently Hanna our 3year old Rottie has discovered hunting bunnies in the yard and hunting flies in the house. Is this a sign of her development of hunting instincts or is it a sign of the "cavity between her ears" just getting larger? It really is amazing to watch a 100lb dog think she is sneaking up on a bunny rabbit. :D

Old 07-20-2001, 05:47 PM

Ha...I think it's the space between the ears becoming fully developed! My last Rottie was a pure idiot when it came to flies & moths in the house. He never really chased bunnies, because he knew there was no way he could catch on, but he often caught moths.

I drew a little fly on the wall and would occasionally point it out to him. Never failed, he would lunge & wuff & scrabble at the wall trying to get it. (OK, I'm mean.) :D

Get a laser light, turn off the lights & have a blast with Hanna!

Royce von der Alten Welt 6.7.2010

Cooper, CGC, CD, TDI, TT, UACH
Daphne the Destructo-Rott
Dutch-man
Bosco the clown
Ajax, my very first Rottweiler in 1985.