Rottweiler Discussion Forums

Go Back   Rottweiler Discussion Forums > Rottweiler > Behavior
Did you forget your password? Reset it here

Behavior Behavior problems, suggestions, support. Please use this forum for all behavior related posts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2002, 09:43 AM

Odin dreams vividly as well. One thing that he does often is wake himself up. He will be laying in the tv room on the floor, all of a sudden jump up and run, barking madly to the front door. Of course no one is there. He looks at me, seemingly confused, like "where'd they go, mom?!" and lays back down, but always has to give a couple of "harumphs" just in case they are lurking outside before he can relax.

A guard dog for sure, but only in his dreams!

Old 02-26-2002, 01:54 PM

Ozzie has vivid dreams at times when he will make small abbreviated barks, but I don't know if they are good or bad. He wakes up usually in the same mood (after snoring all night). I've gotten so used to him not being a verbally quiet dog that I haven't really paid much attention to the frequency of the small barks.

Old 02-26-2002, 02:01 PM

When I first brought Makita home in October, she had those dreams/nightmares big time, which was understandable since she had been hit by a car, abandoned by her owner at the vets, stayed in their care for almost a month (she was very well taken care of there--they all loved her) and then moved to animal control once I decided to adopt her. Alot of changes for a dog in a month or so time.

She would do that mouth twitching, eyes REM during that stage, and paddling with the feet.... and of course, the snoring....

but after everything we went through with our male, I was never so glad to hear a rottie snore or sigh as when she did it.

they are so dramatic, always letting out that sigh every so often...:p